My 463rd return to blogging!
I’m probably exaggerating and this is only my 455th return to blogging. A lot has changed since my last post. The biggest thing is that I had a baby, and I’m taking a year off of teaching to be a SAHM. The baby part is mostly what I expected, but the SAHM stuff is fairly weird. I don’t think I’ve figured out my groove without work yet.
Aside from baby, things that being home has taught me already (2 months in….)
- My house is cleaner, but less clean?! I’m organizing all the nooks and crannies, but the dishes still pile up and the laundry presents a never-ending Mount Doom.
- I need to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE every day for a least a little bit.
- The Property Bros are dangerous. I am in my house so much now I want to change things in every room. I found myself picking up a hammer after watching HGTV and thinking, “Hey I can demo and install a new back splash today!”
- My old hobbies are great, but a little hard with the tiny human, so I need some more flexible pursuits.
- I spend more money despite earning nothing now.
I am making cookies again! More on that to come next!