Skip to content

We all scream for ice cream and squirrels and hedgehogs

May 3, 2010

I think that cookie cutters are starting to become a new obsession of mine. I found a cute ice cream cone at Joanns the other day and inspiration struck. Since I knew I would be making brown royal icing I also picked out my hedgehog and squirrel cookie cutters. I find that the same cutter gets boring when rolling cookies, so I like having a few other shapes.

This was the first time I waited overnight for one color to dry completely before adding more, but it was worth it to get such clean lines on top and that great layered feel.

While I love the cones on on the ice cream, surpsingly enough I think that the simple hedgehogs and squirrels are even cooler. Both cookie cutters came in a  woodland animal Ikea set. I really want to make the moose cookies one of these days for my mother and her Northern Exposure love.

I bought a package of cellophane bags from Daiso and wrapped them up to give to my friends. It’s amazing how much a little bag and twisty tie dress them up 🙂

Advertisements
6 Comments leave one →
  1. Brenda permalink
    May 4, 2010 8:14 pm

These are beyond freakin adorable. Ahhhhhh! I couldn’t bring myself to chomp down on the hedgehog head, but I finally did and it was divine…….

2. May 24, 2010 10:28 am

Perfect time of year to make ice cream cone cookies! I love them!

3. May 24, 2010 10:47 am

really cute. I love cookie cutters, when they cooperate with me…;)

4. May 25, 2010 6:05 pm

So cute!

5. July 3, 2010 2:53 am

Wow! Those are wonderful! They look tasty too! I can’t wait to give this whole royal frosting piping and filling thing a try! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

6. September 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh my god.
    These are so cute it is a little mindblowing.